FOCUS: Labor Rights
GOAL: Raise the MA Minimum Wage
The Labor movement affects us all. We have unions to thank for paid holidays, overtime pay, minimum wage, and workers’ rights. This Labor Day, as we remember and thank the hard working unions who have fought for us, we commit to fighting for a living wage.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
– TODAY 9/4/17: Meet Raise Up MA at 11AM for their 2nd Labor Day Action! Rally at Boston Common Bandstand for $15 and Paid Leave and march to Copley Plaza.
– On Tuesday, September 19th plan to attend the Massachusetts State House for an important public hearing on Raise Up MA’s legislation for a $15 Minimum Wage.
– Contact your State legislators and ask them to support Raise Up MA’s legislation, H.2365 (filed by Rep. Dan Donahue) and S.1004 (filed by Sen. Ken Donnelly), which would raise the state’s minimum wage by $1 each year over four years until it is $15 an hour in 2021. The minimum wage would then be adjusted each year to rise along with increases in the cost of living.
ADDITIONAL READING & INFO:
TO REACH YOUR MOCs:
1. Reach MOCs via the Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
2. Look up your elected senators and reps.
3. Use Faxzero to send free faxes from your computer to your Senator or Congressperson.
4. Use Resistbot to send faxes to your senators right from your phon.: Text the word “RESIST” to 50409.