FOCUS: MA Budget Cuts from Governor Baker
GOAL: Restore $75K for the Grace Center in Gloucester
Grace Center is a first stop in addiction treatment for many on Cape Ann. It provides services, food, daytime shelter and works with people for as long as they need. Governor Baker’s most recent budget proposal cuts $75K that was meant to help support this organization – critical funding that Senator Tarr and Rep Ferrante worked hard to get into the budget.
It is expected that there will be a vote on Wednesday, July 26th that will allow legislators to restore some of the cut funding. Senator Tarr – who has historically been very supportive of the Grace Center – is an important player not only because his vote needed, but also because, in his GOP leadership role, we can also ask him to ensure that Governor Baker understands how vital the Grace Center is to the Gloucester community.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
You can call Senator Tarr at 617-722-1600, or email him at Bruce.Tarr@masenate.gov.
You can also call or email Governor Baker:
- Boston Office: 617.725.4005
- Springfield Office: 413.784.1200
- CD Office: 202.624.7713
- Email via the Governor’s Website
ADDITIONAL READING & INFO:
- From Gloucester Times: Baker signs budget, whittles out $320 million – Money for Halibut Point, Grace Center cut
- From AP News: As fatal overdoses rise, pioneering police effort evolves (The Grace Center works alongside this program to provide support.)