FOCUS: Public Broadcast Funding
GOAL: Maintain funding for local public broadcasting stations
DEADLINE: TODAY – Congress is Voting
From Protect My Public Media:
Congress is currently deciding on next year’s funding levels for public media. Federal funding is vital to the survival of your local stations.
Without federal funding, your stations could be forced to go off-air or to cut essential programming and community-based services. You could lose access to hallmark educational content, trusted news, emergency communications, rich local and cultural programming, and so much more. Many rural communities could be left without access to any local media at all.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Helpful tools from Protect My Public Media:
- Email Congress
- Use their automated calling tool
- There are also handy tools for tweeting and sharing on other social networks
ADDITIONAL READING & INFO:
TO REACH YOUR MOCs:
1. Reach MOCs via the Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
2. Look up your elected senators and reps.
3. Use Faxzero to send free faxes from your computer to your Senator or Congressperson.
4. Use Resistbot to send faxes to your senators right from your phon.: Text the word “RESIST” to 50409.