FOCUS: Immigration/Safe Communities Act
GOAL: Call Governor Baker Out
We’re extremely disappointed in Governor Charlie Baker’s misleading opposition to the Safe Communities Act – it’s especially concerning that a Massachusetts Governor is suggesting that immigrants pose a public safety threat. This is fear-mongering at its worst, and we urge all our supporters to join us in a week of action to strengthen the rights of immigrants in Massachusetts:
1) Call Charlie Baker and tell him he’s misinformed about what this bill will do and won’t do.
Tell him you support it, your immigrant neighbors and Massachusetts’ values – 617-725-4005
2) Call the Committee Chairs and ask them to support this bill so it gets out of committee and onto a vote.
Harold Naughton, House Chair, 978-365-1955,
Michael Moore, Senate Chair, 617-722-1485,
3) Then phone 10 friends and ask them to do the same!
ADDITIONAL READING & INFO:
- More information about the Safe Communities Act Bill at the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA)
- Massachusetts Safe Communities Act Facebook Page
- Governor Baker’s statement via tweet
- From the Boston Globe: Officials, residents pack State House hearing to debate immigration bill