GOAL: Save the ACA and keep the GOP from pushing a vote on their AHCA bill
DEADLINE: ASAP and Ongoing
Last week, we shared an emergency action item when Mitch McConnell pulled a sneaky move to try and ram the AHCA through the Senate without the usual hearings, committee reviews, or any other kind of oversight.
This week, the battle continues:
ITEM 1: Use the handy “Trumpcare Toolkit” to call, tweet, and Facebook targeted Senators to make sure they protect our healthcare.
ITEM 2: Sign a letter to Mitch McConnell from Save My Care.
ITEM 3: (compliments of Jen Hofmann)
Insist on an open hearing of the Senate healthcare bill.
Call: Sen. Orrin Hatch, SFC office 202-224-4515; fax 202-228-0554
Script: I am calling Sen. Hatch in his capacity as the chair of the Senate Finance Committee. The Senate’s current approach to the healthcare issue appears secretive, manipulative, and undemocratic. Democracy thrives with discussion, cooperation, and compromise. As a consumer of healthcare services, I’m asking Sen Hatch to conduct open, public hearings on the Senate healthcare bill.
Wrap up: Please send your Senators an email with a copy of this script
Here are a few handy facts from SaveMyCare.org:
ADDITIONAL READING & INFO:
- From the Center for American Progress: Senate Repeal Bill Would Still Eviscerate Coverage and Protections for People with Pre-Existing Conditions
- From the Washington Post: The Senate’s three tools on health care: Sabotage, speed and secrecy
- From the LA Times: While you watched Comey, Senate GOP moved to cripple healthcare (and California moved to expand it)
- From NYT: Republicans’ Secretive Plan for Health Care
TO REACH YOUR MOCs:
1. Reach MOCs via the Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
2. Look up your elected senators and reps.
3. Use Faxzero to send free faxes from your computer to your Senator or Congressperson.
4. Use Resistbot to send faxes to your senators right from your phon.: Text the word “RESIST” to 50409.