GOAL: Voice opposition to McConnell’s use of Rule 14 to bypass committee review and push the AHCA bill
DEADLINE: Right Now!
STEP 1: Tell your Senator not to let Mitch McConnell take away our healthcare while we’re focused on Comey’s testimony!
TO REACH YOUR MOCs:
1. Reach MOCs via the Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
2. Look up your elected senators and reps.
3. Use Faxzero to send free faxes from your computer to your Senator or Congressperson.
4. Use Resistbot to send faxes to your senators right from your phon.: Text the word “RESIST” to 50409.
STEP 2: Also – call Mitch McConnell’s office and let him know what you think about this sneaky move:
STEP 3: Put some pressure on these Senators to do the right thing:
While the nation is glued to coverage of the Comey hearings and the ongoing Russis investigation, Mitch McConnell is working hard to ram the AHCA bill through the Senate. From an article in the Washington Post: “Meanwhile, McConnell took his own procedural steps forward yesterday, beginning a process under what is known as Rule 14 to allow a health-care bill to be put directly on the Senate calendar so a vote can be held when a final bill is ready.”
Basically, McConnell is using the Russia investigation as cover to try and side-step the usual committee process a bill must go through before hitting the Senate floor. Not cool.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND LINKS:
- From Huff Post: Don’t Let James Comey’s Hearing Distract You From Republicans’ Obamacare Repeal Efforts
- From the Washington Post: Make no mistake. Republicans can still succeed in destroying Obamacare.
- From Mother Jones: Obamacare Repeal Is Right on Track
- From Huff Post: Senate Republicans Are Closer Than Ever To Repealing Obamacare