We are calling on our representatives to oppose the American Healthcare Act. As you know Senator Warren helped lead a charge against “repeal and run.” Now there has been a replacement offered….and it is terrible. Why?
* It will increase costs for seniors.
* It will increase costs for those with pre-existing conditions.
* It will cut assistance for lower-income households in obtaining coverage.
* We pay more for a lot less.
*It will directly effect families of developmentally and physically disabled people
Call your Representative via the Switchboard Operator: (202) 224-3121 or http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Script: “I am calling as a constituent of [Representative Name} from [Town] to ask him/her to vote NO against the “American Health Care Act.”
Tweet your representative. Find your rep’s twitter handles here.
ADDITIONAL READING & INFO:
– Reuters on the Congressional Budget Office’s assessment of the bill: http://reut.rs/2npjGOz
– NYT: Health Bill Would Add 24 Million Uninsured but Save $337 Billion, Report Says – http://nyti.ms/2npkbs1
– Here’s the Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121 and the link where residents of other states can look up their elected senators and reps: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/map