The Action Together team in Massachusetts is made up of a state group (ATMA) and multiple regional groups. Our primary means of communication is currently via Facebook. We share many of our news and action items here on our website.
The state and regional groups work closely together, though regional groups have their own administration and set their own goals. A MA resident can be a member of their regional group, the state ATMA group, or both.
Why would you want to be a member of a regional group? Lots of reasons!
- Meet local progressives in person to build community and plan action
- Focus on regional issues as well as state and national issues
- Arrange meetings with local social/political groups and public figures
- Plan activism trainings, call bank parties, and other political/social events in places that are convenient for you.
- Ensure that issues in your region are discussed within the Action Together groups in Massachusetts and in our national networks.
All groups are closed groups on Facebook that require a membership request to join. This is done for the safety and privacy of all group members. We’ve created the following Facebook pages where you can request group membership.